Prepare To Teach Lessons
Prepare for Tier 2 Intervention
1. Get to know the tier 2 intervention cycle.
- Watch the Tier 2 Intervention Cycle support video.
- Review the Tier 2 support guide to understand how each day is similar and different from each other..
- Read the sample teacher prompts for Session 1 and Sessions 2 through 8 to get comfortable with how each session could sound like.
2. Print the Teacher Packet for the standard from the Tier 2 Intervention tab.
- Identify the learning target and success criteria.
3. Become confident with the Concrete-Representational-Abstract instructional sequence (C-R-A).
- Explore Session 2 - Build with Manipulatives
- Watch the modeling video. (Build)
- Read the suggested script and highlight nouns and verbs that support productive math talk.
- Analyze the Teacher Notes and Visual Support if available.
- Practice a think-aloud for the first two Guided Practice problems.
- Anticipate questions students might ask.
- Repeat the process for Sessions 3 and 4. (Draw and Write)
4. Review the Concrete-Representational-Abstract instructional sequence (C-R-A).
- Open the appropriate document on the Delta Math Progressions web page and find the summary for the readiness standard.
- Analyze the C-R-A instructional sequence for the readiness standards that appear before and after the standard you are planning to teach to ensure a consistent use of precise mathematical language.
5. Print the Student Packet and gather manipulatives that may include mats, modeling and guided practice cards, or other types of tools included in the Teacher Packet. (Materials List)