The Delta Math Tier 2 intervention lessons were repurposed to create the new Tier 3 lessons. Based on feedback from tier 3 instruction providers, the new Tier 3 lesson lessons were designed to:
- Stretch the Concrete-Representational-Abstract instructional sequence to include more time to explore each instructional stage.
- Remove all grade level references to avoid emotional barriers that might occur when students engage in standards from 2 or more previous grade levels.
- Eliminate the re-engagement session using the Guided Review to provide more time for concrete exploration.
The Tier 3 Intervention Cycle Overview organizes the following evidence-based recommendations to support the Delta Math Tier 3 lesson resources:
- “I do, we do, you do together, you do alone” gradual release model
- Personal goal setting
- Student reflection
- Progress monitoring
- “Build-Draw-Write” instructional progression
Click on a grade level to the left to access the new lessons for each tier 3 standard.