Tier 3 Intervention
Intervention lessons integrate the following high leverage strategies:
- Review the learning target and success criteria
- Set personal goals
- Gradually release the responsibility of the teacher
- Provide mathematical structure
- Visual representations (C/R/A)
- Modeling problem-solving thinking
- Precise mathematical language
- Monitor progress frequently
- Provide immediate and descriptive feedback
Note: The Tier 3 Intervention Cycle Overview displays how the high leverage strategies integrate within an 8 day cycle.
Targeted practice can be provided during warm-ups, centers/work-stations, cool-downs, or any other classroom transition time.
- Visual Guided Practice are graphic organizers that include “We do together” and “You do together” problems focused on math drawings, vocabulary, and representing math with symbols and numbers.
- Visual Fluency Cards are sets of cards that include symbolic visual representations of problems and solutions. And, each deck of cards include directions to provide 7 unique activities.
- Virtual Card Sorts provide 4 unique slides to connect 3 sets of cards vertically in the order of the colors provided in the directions at the top of each slide.
- Online Practice is intended for students to practice after they demonstrate conceptual understanding. Many activities include visual representations to support conceptual understanding.
Note: Quick checks and growth charts can be used to monitor progress and support personal goal setting!