Get to know Delta Math
The Delta Math RtI Program was developed to help educators identify students not ready to learn current math standards.
In 2007, the Ottawa Area ISD began developing screening and reporting tools to support the implementation of math RtI for its local schools. Soon after, schools in other regions chose to use Delta Math online readiness screeners, data reports and other program resources to meet their needs.
In 2010, the Michigan's Integrated Mathematics Initiative identified Delta Math as a promising practice and has been supporting the development of implementation resources. Currently, this support is focused on the development of Tier 2 and Tier 3 intervention lessons for each Delta Math readiness standard.
We would like to offer special thanks to the support and feedback provided by consultants from the following agencies: Allegan AESA, Alpena-Montmorency-Alcona ISD, Bay-Arenac ISD, Berrien RESA, Eaton RESA, Gratiot-Isabella RESD, Kalamazoo RESA, Oakland Schools, St. Joseph County ISD, Traverse Bay Area ISD and the Michigan’s Integrated Mathematics Initiative.
Grade Level Readiness and Tier 3 Standards
Classroom Screening Experience Video
Tier 2 Intervention Cycle Overview Video
This document supports school improvement planning by providing a description, time-frame, and alignment to supporting research for each essential component for implementing math RtI or Tiered PLCs for mathematics.
*Training and annual screening fees for OAISD schools are paid for by the OAISD
Annual Screening: $3.00 per student
What is provided?
- School districts are invoiced at the end of each school year based on the number of students who were actually screened
- Every student is able to be screened as many times as necessary throughout a school year
- Teachers are provided access to all Fall, Winter and Spring grade-level screeners
What screening fees pay for: (Program Administrator, Database Developer, and Application Developer)?
- Delta Math help desk support
- Development and maintenance of the online screening and reporting platform, the enrollment management site, a longitudinal reporting site and a support website that includes implementation guides and videos
- Live support from the OAISD instructional services and technology department
Start-up: $250 per district
What is provided?
- 1/2 day of training for a building implementation team (Up to 6 people that include an administrator, team leader, interventionists, teachers and/or others.)
- Access to standard-based tier 2 intervention lessons and resources to monitor student Creation of district and building online accounts and support for the student enrollment Online support for implementing Delta Math RtI Program resources
What start-up fees pay for?
- Supplement the cost for OAISD program support personal to assist with implementation training and support
- Supplement the OAISD technology department for supporting the district enrollment process
What Michigan Integrated Mathematics Initiative ((MI)2) pays for Delta Math?
- Contracted with Mike Klavon to
- Provide technical assistance for schools using Delta Math that includes regional information sessions, implementation training sessions, and tier 2 instructional support sessions
- Provide technical assistance for regional math consultants that include updates and receive feedback about regional needs and program enhancements
- Lead the development of implementation support tools that include implementation guides, facilitator guides for implementation training and support videos for virtual professional development
- Lead the development of tier 2 intervention lessons that follow the evidence-based recommendations from the Institute of Education Sciences practice guide: Assisting Students Struggling with Mathematics: Response to Intervention (RtI) for Elementary and Middle Schools