The Ottawa Area Center is a public school serving the unique needs of students with cognitive impairments who reside in the 11 local school districts that comprise the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District.
We serve approximately 200 students in the following programs:
- Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MOCI)
- Severe Cognitive Impairment (SCI)
- Severe Cognitive Impairment/ Autism Spectrum Disorder (SCI/ASD)
- Early Childhood Special Education/ Autism Spectrum Disorder (ECSE/ASD)
- Severe Multiple Impairment (SXI)
We have a versatile staff of over 100 dedicated teachers, aides, nurses, therapists, consultants and support staff.
Transportation for all Ottawa Area Center students is contracted through Dean Transportation.
If your son/daughter will be absent from school, please contact Dean Transportation at (616) 738-4300.