Medicaid School Services Program
Since 1993, Michigan Intermediate School Districts (ISDs) have participated in a federal and state-funded Medicaid reimbursement program. The School Services Program's (SSP) sole purpose is to assure students receive needed health care (medical, emotional, and transportation-related) services at school. The School Services Program accomplishes this goal by participating in three service and reimbursement programs for students through the age of 21.
- Administrative Outreach Program (AOP)
- The AOP segment of the program assists school districts by providing partial reimbursement for the administrative costs used to identify and help students who are considered "at risk" for various health problems. The program accomplishes the goal by tracking the time school personnel spend on outreach activities and by factoring the district's expense for staff providing these services.
- Caring 4 Students (C4S)
- The C4S segment of the program assists school districts by providing partial reimbursement for the cost of expanding and enhancing emotional and medical services to Medicaid-eligible students with services provided through a Plan of Care.
- Direct Service Claiming (DSC)
- The DSC segment of the program assists school districts with the cost of providing health-related (medical and transportation-related) services to Medicaid-eligible students with special needs under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- The DSC medical staff portion of the program generates revenue by tracking the services and time Medicaid-qualified school personnel spend on Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) prescribed health related services, and by factoring the district's expense for staff providing them.
Medicaid Information for School Staff
This information is for OAISD and its associated district staff members that participate in the Medicaid School Services Program. Additional information can be found within the MiPSE System- Help, Other Resources, Ottawa Area ISD Resources, Medicaid Service Capture Documentation.
SPL Authorization (coming soon)
Medicaid Information for Parents
This information is for parents/guardians of students within the OAISD and its districts.
The School Based Services (SBS) program assists school districts by providing partial reimbursement for medically related services that are listed on a student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP), Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) or Plan of Care. Services are provided to all students with disabilities regardless of their Medicaid eligibility status.
The School Services Program does NOT impact a family’s Medicaid services, funds, or limits. Michigan operates the School Services Program differently than the family’s Medicaid program. The School Services Program does not affect your family’s Medicaid benefits in any way and is provided at no cost to the parent/guardian.