Governance Team and Structure
In 2018, as part of the effort to expand OCSN to cover more of Ottawa County, Greater Ottawa County United Way was approached to become the employer of record and act as the fiscal agent for OCSN. At that time, OCSN added a Governance team to it's structure. The OCSN Governance Team consists of the following representative from the stakeholder groups for the operation of OCSN to achieve its goals:
- Between two (2) and four (4) members from separate public school’s leadership staff.
- One (1) member from OAISD leadership staff.
- One (1) member from GOCUW’s leadership staff.
- Between one (1) and two (2) members from the leadership staff of the funding partners.
- Alternates from the identified Governance Team Member may stand in for the named member when necessary.
The OCSN Governance Team meets at least quarterly,and uses a consensus model of decision making, but uses simple majority vote when necessary.
The Governance Team is responsible for all revenue generating activities required to support the operation of OCSN and helps provide guidance and direction.
Governance Team Members
- Angela Dershem, Assistant Director, Ottawa Community Schools Network
- Caroline Geist, Director, Ottawa Community Schools Network
Public School Leadership Staff
- Brian Davis, Superintendent, Holland Public Schools
- Calvin DeKuiper, Superintendent, Zeeland Public Schools
- David Tebo, Superintendent, Hamilton Community Schools
OAISD Leadership Staff
- Julie Gillespe, Deputy Superintendent, Ottawa Area Intermediate School District
- Peter Haines, Superintendent, Ottawa Area Intermediate School District
United Way Leadership Staff
- Patrick Moran, President,Greater Ottawa County United Way